Search Engine Optimization & Photography

Monday, September 12, 2011

So search engine optimization is my topic of this weeks blog post. By reading some of my blogs you may have noticed that I post a bit about filmmaking and photography… Well Photographers are known for having a large web presence. A lot of photographers have websites with a large number of impressions daily. If you don’t have a huge web presence and you’re a photographer, I found the perfect website for you.

Check out this website. It has 10 awesome tips for Search engine optimization!

I will now go over a photo of mine and show how I’ve utilized some of these tips. Image keyword planning is the first tip. This tip is pretty much telling you to be specific. Being broad is not going to get you to the top of search results on google. This website used the example “Large oak tree” I’m going to use an example from one of my own photos on flickr.
Happy old man  
Happy old man
Jim was a happy man today
83 years old and still got it.
Tags below:
"Old man" "hot girls" “83 year old man” “beach sunset” “napels florida” "golf coast” “swimsuit model” “happy old man” “West coast” “models” “Bright light"
“ Gorgeous swimsuit models”

This photo also appears in several groups that are targeted towards specific audiences. I posted the photo in a few flickr groups such as Photography students, flickrista, editorial photography, and group with experience. I gave this photo a title that is comedic when it is paired with the photo. In the description I included my website to promote myself.  My website is currently in the making and does not include much of my work yet but it already has over 4000 page views in less then a month. Another thing that I utilized is Tagging. With in my tagging I included several essential tags that will help optimize my photo for search. I included things such as photo description, location, and esthetics of the photo.

Please check out that website and help yourself to some awesome tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment